Article Editor

Health Certificates

Health certificates are generally needed when traveling, especially across borders or by airplane.


For domestic flights: The TSA may require proof of vaccinations and a health certification done within 30 days prior to your flight before allowing your pet through security or to be transported as live cargo.


For international travel: In addition to the above domestic airline requirements, many countries require specific paperwork be filed well in advance of your travel. These documents generally need a government ceritified vet to verify the health of your pet.


Animal Health Clinic is certified to do these checks, and our staff can help you figure out which paper work you need and the timeline for your travel.


Health certificates can also be used to satisfy boarding facility requirements and various government mandated checks (uncommon).